Consultation with the doctor and issuance of an admission decision letter
Submission of the admission decision letter to the reception desk at the Patient Affairs Dept. for registration
Check the room assignment
Entry into the assigned patient room
1. Decision on Admission
Doctors in charge will make a decision on admission.
2. Going through Admission Process
- Submit the “Admission Decision Paper” to the “Admission Reception Desk” on the 1st floor of the main building.
- Patients are supposed to enter the hospital room between 15:00~17:00 on the day of admission.
- The emergency patients or pregnant women will be given priority on admission.
Patients will need to prepare personal goods such as toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo, conditioner, body cleanser, towel, slippers, tissue, water cup and guardian’s blanket. In case you do not prepare them, you can also buy all of them at the store inside the hospital except for the blanket.
3. Payment during Hospitalization Period
During the hospitalization the receipt or medical bill will be delivered weekly to the patient’s room for patients to recognize or pay at any reception desk (043-269-6577 or extension 6577).
4. Medical Records
If you need medical records such as medical certificates, doctor’s notes, CDs etc., please let nurses know at least one day before the time of your discharge. Please note that it might not be possible to issue some medical records on the day of discharge.
Scheduling Follow-up visits
Submitting Medical receipt to nurses
Getting medicine and precautions
1. Decision on Discharge
Doctors in charge will announce your discharge normally one day before the time of your discharge.
2. Examination of Medical Expenses
On the day of discharge, the Medical Cost Management Office will examine the medical expenses and notify the nursing station of the completion of calculation.
3. Payment & Scheduling Follow-up Visits at Reception
When you get notified of your medical expenses, you can pay at the “Discharge Reception Desk” on the 1st floor of the main building as well as reserve a next follow-up if you have.
- After paying the medical bill, you can go back to your ward and take your medicine from the nurse.
- Weekends and holidays are not working days, so medical expenses will be settled without examination by the Medical Cost Management Office. Later after being discharged from the hospital, The team will examine and send you the exact amount of medical expenses through a text message.